- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 c V8 or other tomato-vegetable juice
- 1 TB stoneground mustard (dijion is fine)
- 1 TB Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 c farina (cream of wheat, bear mush, etc)
- salt and pepper
That how long it should take. I baked it for about 95 minutes and still only seemed to get to 155F. But it seemed done so I just took it out and it was fine. It was nice and moist. The hubby said it had good flavor, but I found it a bit bland. Served it with some turkey gravy I had in the freezer. It was decent; better with gravy than with ketchup.
I probably won't make this recipe again simply because I prefer more flavor in my food, but I might try a variation on it. Other meatloaf suggestions are welcome.